IT Security is crucial to an institute which is heavily depending on information technology. Every user of the IT infrastructure at IST Austria has the responsibility to contribute to IT security by being aware of (user facing) threats and to know how to deal with these.
The following topics are covered in this training.
- Why is it important for every user to take part?
- What types of security threats do exist and what are the risks for the institute.
- Measures/Policies/Guidelines already in place at IST Austria?
- Best practices to deal with security threats – those also apply for private IT use.
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Demonstrations of attacks/hacks
- Why would someone hack me?
- What is social engineering?
- How complicated is hacking?
- Awareness on data protection for private data. (EU data protection regulation)
- Mobile device security
- Latest developments
- Your questions!
- A final test
Wednesday, 2021-06-02 (2.30pm – 5pm)
(The training only takes place if 5 people registered.)
Friday, July 16 2021, 9.30am – 12am
Please register below: